Information for clients with a disability
We offer additional services and IT facilities to staff and students. Students first need to register with the University's Disability Services and staff should see the Staff and Student Equal Opportunity Unit.
You are then encouraged to get in touch with your Academic Liaison Librarian who can help with:
- making one-on-one appointments for advice on database searching and reference enquiries
- using the Ask a Librarian online service
- photocopying journal articles
- requesting book retrievals
- requesting items from our other libraries
- retrieving physical resources
- booking private study rooms
- requesting lockers. These are limited in supply - more lockers are also available at the University of Sydney Union. Further information on lockers at Camperdown campus and at Cumberland campus.
Library facilities and access
You can check the facilities available in our libraries by library and by facility.
The University of Sydney access map has detailed information on physical access across the University, including wheelchair access, designated disabled parking spaces and accessible toilets.
There are assistive technology rooms containing specialist computer hardware and software that can help you to get course content and other materials.
Students need to be registered with the University's Disability Services to access these rooms.
For training and advice in Assistive Technology, contact Jason Markou, telephone: 9351 4010 or
Jason is also available in the Fisher Assistive Technology Room on Tuesdays from 2 to 4 p.m.
Don't forget, you can ask for help from staff in any of our libraries.