Library Online Quiz Competition 2014
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prize for the “Online Quiz Competition” (“Competition”) form part of these (“Terms and Conditions”). Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition commences for entry submissions at 12.00am AEST on Monday 24 February 2014. Entries close at midnight AEST on Friday 7 March 2014 (“Promotional Period”). No later entries will be accepted.
- Entry is only open to currently enrolled students of the University of Sydney as of 9am on Monday 24 February 2014. Each entrant may only submit a SINGLE entry. Members of the public, agencies or companies and University of Sydney staff are ineligible to enter.
- To enter, students must, during the Promotional Period, answer all quiz questions and complete the contact information requested: current University of Sydney email address to verify eligibility and a phone or mobile number for the purpose of notifying the winner.
- Entries must be submitted online by midnight Friday 7 March 2014.
- Each student entrant grants the University of Sydney Library the right to reproduce, publish, transmit or otherwise communicate to the public their entry, in whole or in part, in or using any media for any purpose without permission or payment.
- All valid correct entries received by midnight on Friday 7 March 2014 will be entered in the draw to win a Nexus 7 tablet.
- The draw will take place Tuesday 11 March 2014 and the winner will be notified by email at their University of Sydney email account on the same day. The winner’s name will be published on our website and social media pages.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Any tax liability for accepting the prize is the responsibility of the winner.
- The University of Sydney Library reserves the right to disqualify any student entrant for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, the University of Sydney Library reserves the right to modify the terms of the competition, including the prize and these Terms and Conditions.
- The University of Sydney Library will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with receiving, taking or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- All student entrants undertake to indemnify the University of Sydney Library against all claims, demands, losses and damages that the University of Sydney Library incurs as a result of a breach by the student entrant of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions and the University of Sydney Library’s use or publication of their entry.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or received after the closing date will not be considered.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws in force in the state of New South Wales.
- The Promoter of the Competition is the University Library at The University of Sydney, a body corporate under the University of Sydney Act 1989, ABN: 15 211 513 464 of Camperdown in the State of New South Wales.
Last updated: 18 February 2014