How to print
Printing costs 11c per A4 page. To pay for your printing, from Library workstations, buy a Library Copy Card or load credit onto another card with a magnetic stripe. Where to buy Copy Cards and load credit
Printing PDFs or Office documents
- To print a PDF, be sure to select the Print option in the Acrobat Reader toolbar, and not the File > Print menu in the Internet Explorer toolbar at the top of the screen.
- In Microsoft Office applications such as Word or Excel, click the Office button in the top left corner > choose Print
Retrieving your printing
- Your print job will be sent to the PC which manages printing, beside the printer nearest to you.
- Note the name of the Library computer you are using - this will be used to identify your print job in the queue. The name of the Library computer is on the top of the monitor, eg. bf12, dent09, fisher46.
- When you are ready to retrieve your printing, go the PC beside the printer.
- Highlight your print job on the PC, swipe your copycard, and enter your PIN number to start the print job.
- If neccessary, make up a PIN number and enter it the first time you use your card.
Printing colour or transparencies
Library workstations can print to colour printers in Fisher Library and the Medical Library. Colour printing is also be available in the ICT Access Labs in Fisher, Law, and the Conservatorium of Music libraries.
There is no printing on transparencies available for Library workstations. There are photocopiers which can print transparencies in the Badham, Fisher, Health Sciences, SciTech, Medical, Nursing, SCA, and Dentistry libraries.