- 10 September: Collection move to Fisher South Level 5
The Fisher General collection 321-352 has been relocated to Level 5 South.
Curriculum move has commenced. Posters and Realia have been relocated to Level 5 with the collection to be moved over the next fortnight.
- 06 September: Fisher South Level 5 now open
The Fisher General collection FHGen 321 to 352 is currently being relocated to its permanent location on Level 5 Fisher South. The Fisher Curriculum collection 001 to 999 and the Realia collection will soon also be relocated to their permanent location on Level 5 Fisher South. Study facilities for Library clients are currently available on this floor.
- 22 August: Fisher Library collection moves taking place to prepare for refurbishment work
Level 6 and Level 8 Fisher South are soon to be refurbished. The Fisher General Collection from 329 onwards is being relocated to Level 2 Fisher South and details of what has been moved are indicated in the Library foyer, in the lift lobbies and within the Library lifts. Once Level 6 has been completed, moving of parts of the Fisher General Collection from Level 8 to Level 2 Fisher South will take place.
Level 5 Fisher South is soon to have refurbishment work completed and the Fisher General Collection whose final location is Level 5, will be moved. This is expected to take place in September. The Curriculum and Realia Collections currently located on Level 8 Fisher South will also be moved to their final locations on Level 5.
- 12 June: Fisher South refurbishment in progress
The Fisher South refurbishment project is underway and will continue until the end of 2013.
- Work has commenced on Fisher South Levels 1, 5 and 9.
- The door to the Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library and the corridor on Level 1 Fisher South have been closed until further notice.
- The East Asian collection has been relocated to Level 2 Fisher South.
- The current newspapers and magazines have been relocated to the 2 hour collection on Level 3 Fisher North.
- 21 May: Fisher Renewal Update
Stage 3 of the Fisher Refurbishment project is due to commence on the 27th May, 2013 and will continue until the end of 2013. It is the final stage of the work to be undertaken to improve library facilities for our students and staff. There will be some closures and relocation of the collections during this period to enable all Levels of Fisher South to be completed. We’ll keep you up to date via the Library News and the Fisher Upgrade site.
Work will initially be undertaken on Levels 1, 5 and 9 of Fisher South. Immediate changes to enable the work to proceed include:
- The Fisher Library Newspaper Area on Level 1 Fisher South will be closed from Wednesday 22nd May 2013 until the end of December 2013.
- From that data current newspapers and Magazines will be relocated to the 2 hour collection (at the beginning of the sequence) on Level 3 Fisher North.
- The access to the Herbert Smith Freehills Library will be unavailable from Monday 27th May, 2013 until further notice. We hope to reopen this access as soon as possible after essential work is completed on Level 1 Fisher South.
- The East Asian collection will be moved on 23 May from Level 8 Fisher South to Level 2 Fisher South.