Services for Researchers
1. Call in the information professionals
Get personalised help with your literature searches. We also provide advice and training to help you develop your research skills.
2. Evaluate your research impact
- Research Impact guide - discover the most influential researchers and who is citing you
- Databases for measuring Research Impact
- ERA: Learn how to demonstrate research quality
- Find your media appearances via Factiva or via TVNews Archive
3. Get published
- Open Access Publishing - Sydney eScholarship
- Sydney University Press
- Find out if a journal is peer reviewed by searching for it in Ulrichs
- High impact journals - Where should you be getting published?
See Journal Citation Reports and Scopus Journal Analyzer
4. Access the best resources
- Databases and electronic resources (includes off campus access)
- Library catalogue
- CrossSearch for broad searching across the catalogue and databases (Help with CrossSearch)
- Citation Linker to go straight to a specific article
5. Keep up to date
Stay up to date with research in your area using search alerts and RSS feeds.
6. The library doesn't have it? No problem!
Researchers can request articles and books not held by the library free of charge via MyLoans.
- Check to see if you are eligible for Document Delivery
7. Save time - use EndNote to manage your references and bibliographies
8. Help us develop our outstanding collections
9. Copyright awareness
Protect yourself, the University and others. Check out the University's advice.
10. Research Support
Receive central research support. This service is provided by the Research Portfolio and various other university bodies.