How the Library supports your teaching
1. Talk with us
You have a Faculty Liaison Librarian who will help you and your students make the most of Library services. Talk with us about the tailored support we can provide.
2. Information skills: a key graduate attribute
Faculty Liaison Librarians provide training in information skills which are a key component of University graduate skills.
- we can design and deliver classes for your specific needs
- you can refer students to us
- We regularly offer information skills training via open classes
- online learning tutorials - why not link from your eLearning site to resources such as Plagiarism & academic honesty and How to reference?
- Track completion of iResearch online tutorials in Blackboard by using our Certificate of Completion system.
3. Unit of study readings
The Library can streamline access to key readings for your students. Send us your reading lists as early as possible before semester starts and we'll organise the rest.
If you plan to link subscription material on your blackboard site (i.e. eBooks or online articles), you need to add the Library’s EZproxy to the item’s address to ensure your students are given access. Use our EZproxy generator.
5. Stay up to date with professional literature
- read the latest articles on A+ Education
- search our catalogue for journals, books and eBooks
6. Resource diversity
The Library supports the teaching at the University with a variety of resources:
- Search KEYWORDS and limit by MATERIAL TYPE, e.g. DVD's.
- Need an image to display in a lecture? Search the image databases.
We provide a wide range of guides to finding excellent resources in specific subject areas.
7. Exam papers
Past exam papers can be accessed online.
Make sure you meet the University's copyright obligations.
9. Library impact statements
These are an essential component of the establishment of all new and significantly changed courses. Please contact your Faculty Liaison Librarian so that a library impact statement assessing any resource implications can be completed.