This page is for University staff preparing data collection reports for the Research Office. Students needing to find articles in peer-reviewed journals can use databases in their subject-areas, which allow a search to be limited to peer-reviewed titles.
Use these resources to check if a journal is refereed (peer-reviewed).
ISI Web of Science
To browse or search subject-based lists of refereed journals in ISI Web of Science:
- Go to http://scientific.thomsonreuters.com/cgi-bin/jrnlst/jloptions.cgi?PC=master
- Select the journal list for Arts & Humanities Citation Index, Science Citation Index, or Social Science Citation Index
- Search by ISSN, Journal Title, or Title words, or view Title List.
Ulrich's International Periodicals Directory
To find a specific journal in Ulrich's:
- Go to Ulrich's International Periodicals Directory
- Select ISSN or Title from the Quick Search picklist
- Enter the journal's ISSN number or title.
- Click submit
- Click the journal title to access the title's Basic information
- Look down the list for Refereed:
- The entry for Refereed must be Yes
To access the full list of refereed journals in Ulrich's:
- Click here to run the search, or in Ulrich's, click the Advanced Search button in top bar.
- Select Title (keyword) from the Search on picklist.
- Type * into the Search For box.
- Click More limiters then checkRefereed/Peer review in the Key Features list.
- Click Search button.
Note: In lists of search results, Ulrich's uses this icon to indicate a Refereed title: