Help with off-campus access to eReadings
Every link to a eReadings should use the Library Authentication system, but occasionally this is omitted.
When this is the case, you will get a login prompt or "access denied" message from the article publisher's site, when you try to access it from off-campus.
Please contact the Library – include the title of your item and the course code or name, so that we can fix the link for you.
Help with UniKey authentication
If you get the "Library off-campus authentication unsuccessful" message:
- Autocomplete users: if your browser is automatically filling out or partially completing one or more of the boxes on the login screen, don't accept what it inserts. Delete the content and type it in afresh.
- If your UniKey has expired, and you are a postgraduate student who has submitted a thesis (whose Student Campus Card has expired), a postgraduate student whose candidature has been suspended, or a student intending to do honours or study for a postgraduate degree, for continued access please apply for a temporary card at the University Card Centre. You will then use Borrower Number authentication, rather than your UniKey.
- If you are Staff or a currently enrolled student: Synchronise your UniKey password, wait 20 minutes, then try to login again.
- Change your UniKey password, wait 20 minutes, then try to login again.
- For forgotten passwords, or to check that your UniKey account is active, and your password is correct contact the ICT Helpdesk.
- LPAB Students - All LPAB students now must use UniKey login.
- Summer/Winter School students:If you have no UniKey and have never been enrolled at the University of Sydney, contact the University Card Centre to arrange a Temporary Library card.
- Medical Faculty students - your UniKey may be different to your Medical email and GMP login.
- Check your Confirmation of Enrolment for your UniKey ID and password, or contact the ICT Helpdesk.
- UPC students - contact your course administrator for your UniKey
- Staff & University Title Holders - you may also use Library Borrower Number authentication.
Help with Library Borrower Number authentication
Only available to University staff, University Title Holders, and students with Postgraduate or Honours Student temporary Libary cards.
- If you have recently obtained a new Staff or Student Card, a new Library Borrower Number is printed on the card.
- Ensure you enter your login details in the correct login box. Scroll down to the Library Borrower Number login box.
- Try entering your surname only, and Library Borrower Number. Ensure you don't insert an extra space at the end of the number.
- Alumni who have applied to have access enabled, may only login using the database links on the Alumni services page (Library home page > Services for > Alumni)
- Safari 4.0 + users should change your browser Cookie settings to Accept All (Safari > Preferences > Security tab)
- If you are using a bookmark to access the Library webpages or a specific resource, delete the bookmark and start afresh by going directly to the Library website.
- If you are using Autocomplete: if your browser is automatically filling out or partially completing one or more of the boxes on the login screen, don't accept what it inserts. Delete the content and type it in afresh.
- Delete your browser cookies and cache/temporary internet files. In Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > click Delete Cookies, and Delete Files). Close all browser windows, then re-open the browser.
- What you have tried already
- The title of the specific resource you are trying to access.
- What happens when you attempt to login - do you get an error message? What does it say?
- What browser and version are you using?