ISI Web of Knowledge (Web of Science, Current Contents Connect, JCR
To use CrossSearch in ISI Web of Knowledge you need your web browser set up to accept cookies.
To allow all third party cookies in Internet Explorer 6:
- Click on Tools, Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Lower the bar to the "Medium-Low" setting.
- Click "Yes" to accept this change.
- Click on OK.
The instructions below describe how to allow third party cookies for only ISI products:
- Under Tools select Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Advanced. Here you can block first and third party cookies if you like. Be sure to allow session cookies.
- Click the Privacy tab, in the "Web Sites" section click on Edit.
- Enter any of the following domains that correspond to your institution's subscription and then click "Allow":
You will not be able
to create an ISI Web of Knowledge bookmark in the normal manner of visiting the site and then selecting "Add Bookmark", or "Add to Favorites". When you go to Web of Knowledge or one of the component databases, the address in the URL box instantly changes as a result of server assignment. This new URL will be http://isi#.isiknowledge.com, where the # in this address will be a server designation for the current session only. Since this designation changes, you will not have guaranteed access to your databases if you keep this bookmark.
Bookmarks have to be manually created. The instructions are provided below with a list of the URLS for each database:
Internet Explorer for Windows does not allow you to create a new bookmark, so you will need to edit an existing one.
- Go to Web of Knowledge, or component database.
- Select "Add to Favorites" from the Favorites menu. This will create a bookmark for http://isi#.isiknowledge.com; the # in this address will be a server designation for your current session only.
- Click on "Favorites".
- Right-click on the bookmark you just created for http://isi#.isiknowledge.com and select "Properties".
- Enter the correct URL from the list below.
- In Internet Explorer, select the "Favorites" menu from the top of the screen.
- Select the "Organize Favorites" option, then choose the "New Favorite" option.
- Enter a name for the favorite in the "Name" field, i.e. ISI Web of Knowledge.
- Enter http://isiknowledge.com in the "Address" field.
- Click "OK" to exit.
- In Netscape version 4.x, click on "Bookmarks", "Edit Bookmarks", "File", then "New Bookmark". In Netscape version 6.x, click on "Bookmarks", "Manage Bookmarks", "File", then "New Bookmark".
- In the "Name" box enter ISI Web of Knowledge.
- In the "Location (URL)" box enter the URL http://isiknowledge.com
- Web of Knowledge: enter http://isiknowledge.com
- Web of Science: enter http://isiknowledge.com/wos
- Current Contents Connect: enter http://isiknowledge.com/ccc
- Journal Citation Reports: enter http://isiknowledge.com/jcr