Access to eResources
- You don't need to login anywhere first before you try to access Library eresources. Just choose the resource you wish to use from one of our subject guides, database lists, the e-journal portal or e-book list, or find it in in the Library catalogue, or via CrossSearch. ( CrossSearch finds individual journal articles and ebooks, as well as the print books and journals listed in the library catalogue. It's a good starting point if you are unfamiliar with the Library's specialist subject databases.)
- You will then be prompted to login at the login screen pictured below. (This is not the same authentication system as MyLoans - your Library borrrowing record.)
- UniKey login: All students except for LPAB students, and all full- and part-time staff members receive a UniKey automatically and should use the UniKey login option. LPAB students: self-register for your Unikey Account..
- Library Borrower Number login: Staff, University Title Holders, and some student groups may also use Library Borrower Number authentication. Apply for your card: University Title Holders - Postgraduate / Honours Students
Which students use Library Borrower Number login?
If you are a postgraduate student who has submitted a thesis and still need library services to complete your degree, a postgraduate research or coursework student whose candidature has been suspended, or a student intending to study a postgraduate or honours degree, you can arrange continued access by applying for a temporary Library card. Winter or Summer School students with no UniKey may also apply. You then use Borrower Number on your temporary card.
Problems logging in?
- You shouldn't be prompted to login more than once per browser session. Check your cookie settings if this happens.
- If when you try to login, you get a page headed Unsuccessful login attempt scroll down to the troubleshooting at the bottom, or work through the troubleshooting steps here.