The Excellence in Research for Australia
The Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) initiative will assess research quality using a combination of metrics and expert
review by committees comprising experienced, internationally-recognised experts. ERA is developed and managed by the
Australian Research Council (ARC) in conjunction with the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research.
The Library supports the University of Sydney ERA teams through:
- the provision of subject specialist assistance at the discipline/cluster level,
- advice on publications and metrics
- general provision of repository and associated services in conjunction with the Research Office IRMA system to facilitate ERA assessment.
More details about Library assistance for the ERA assessment will be provided as the assessment process takes place.
ERA assessment will be based on the following Discipline Clusters:
- Physics, Chemistry, Earth Sciences
- Humanities and Creative Arts
- Engineering and Environmental Sciences
- Social, Behavioural, and Economic Sciences
- Mathematics, Information, and Communication Sciences
- Biological Sciences and Biotechnology
- Biomedical and Clinical Research
- Public and Allied Health and Health Sciences
Assessment of the first and second Clusters will take place during the first half of 2009.
More information about the ERA can be found at the USYD Excellence in Research for Australia (Previously the Research Quality Framework) site, or through the ARC site.