Library Tours and Classes:
Curriculum offers a simple locating and directing tour which allows new students to understand the layout of the library.
At the end of the tour, the participant should be able to:
- Locate the catalogues, photocopiers, sorting shelves, loan collection and serials
- Know where to look for items held in Fisher 2 Hour collection
- Understand their loan privileges and obligations
- Know that we are here to help
- Understand the difference between the Curriculum Resources Collection and the other education material held in Fisher
- Understand that we are a multimedia library with resources for the classroom being our major priority
Students should be given a copy of the Borrower responsibility leaflet, the small leaflet listing our hours and contact details, and a copy of the leaflet outlining borrowing, returning and renewing loans.
This tour is very short, about 15 - 20 minutes. If you wish, we can tailor this to suit a particular course or assignment. General tours are run at regular intervals during Orientation week and the first 4 weeks of each semester.
These classes complement classes offered by the Social Sciences team. Classes are offered in the use of electronic facilities available through the library's web pages. These are offered as small group or one-to-one tutorials, or larger classes conducted either in the library or faculty facilities.
By the end of a tutorial, participants should be able to:
- Identify relevant electronic resources in their subject area
- Perform basic searches
- Retrieve citations and email results
- Understand ways of retrieving full text copies
Assistance is also offered with management of citations through the use of Endnote.
Please book at Curriculum Resources Collection desk or email email@example.com
| Top of List |