How to use University of Sydney Library services to obtain articles and books
Distance postgraduate students - in Australia and overseas
Register for Document Delivery.
- Before requesting articles and books you will need to Register online at MyLoans.
Ordering articles and books
- Please use any university or hospital library in your local area before requesting items.
- Use links to documents from online course websites (if applicable).
- Check the Library Catalogue to find books and journals available in the University of Sydney Library system.
- To obtain books and journal articles held only in print format use the Document Delivery request forms available at MyLoans
- Titles not in the catalogue should be requested using the Document Delivery Request forms available at MyLoans
Items not held by the University Library.
Obtaining articles and books
- Whenever possible we use web delivery, via an email link, to supply articles.
- Articles in paper format will be mailed to you.
- Please check the Library catalogue for e-books.
- We can photocopy a section of a book as long as it complies with the copyright law.
We can copy one chapter or 10 percent of a book whichever is the larger protion.
- If you are located within Australia we can send books . These books will be charged out on your Library card and sent to you through Australia post.
- Books obtained for you must be returned to the Medical Library, at your expense, by either registered mail or express post.
- We DO NOT send books to students living outside Australia.